As we get older, the kids move out, and retirement is in reach, we often find that the house we bought 30 years ago, may not be the house we need today. Many people choose to sell and take up residence in 55+ communities in Lincoln, NE as an alternative to living in a large, empty, and high-maintenance house.
Living in a neighborhood for those 55+ in Lincoln doesn’t mean you are giving up your freedom… it is actually a way to have more. Depending on the community, you’ll be able to receive meals and the help of a cleaning service, giving you more time to do the things you love.
In Lincoln, NE, there are a number of excellent communities for those 55 and up. Below, we offer some information on the most popular places, along with the best ways to get in touch.
Legacy Estates offers old-world charm, lush gardens, and classic architecture, to give residents the feel of living in an English country estate. In fact, there is even an authentic English pub right onsite! The grounds are beautifully landscaped with gardens, private courtyards, and waterfalls allowing the residents to enjoy time spent outside.
- Phone: (402) 484-8888
- Address: 7200 Van Dorn St, Lincoln, NE 68506
- Website: https://www.legacyretirement.com/communities/legacy-estates
- Google Rating: 4.5 (Based on 32 reviews)
Savannah Pines Retirement Community
The Savannah Pines Retirement Community offers a resort lifestyle, with happy hour, fitness classes, and trips to the mall. There is free transportation, free utilities, and housekeeping service each week.
- Phone: (402) 261-0905
- Address: 3900 Pine Lake Rd, Lincoln, NE 68516
- Website: https://rlcommunities.com/nebraska/savannah-pines-retirement/#community-floor-plans
- Google Rating: 4.3 (Based on 9 reviews)
Brentwood Estates offers independent living on beautifully landscaped grounds. There are a wide array of scheduled activities and amenities residents can enjoy. There are many levels of care so residents can live the lifestyle that meets their needs.
- Phone: (402) 817-7347
- Address: 1111 S 70th St, Lincoln, NE 68510
- Website: https://www.holidaytouch.com/our-communities/brentwood-estates
- Google Rating: 4.3 (Based on 22 reviews)
Eastmont Towers offers many levels of care for the residents who call this community home. As needs change, so do the service options. There are fitness classes, a community choir, community trips, and a number of varying onsite activities. All utilities are covered which is just one less thing to have to think about.
- Phone: (402) 489-6591
- Address: 6315 O St, Lincoln, NE 68510
- Website: https://www.eastmontliving.com/
- Google Rating: 4.6 (Based on 11 reviews)
Grand Lodge at the Preserve
The Grand Lodge at the Preserve offers large floorplans and a large number of services and amenities. They have excellent dining options and off-campus excursions. At The Grand Lodge, you are encouraged to amplify the intellectual, spiritual, physical, and social aspects of your life.
- Phone: (402) 489-8003
- Address: 4400 S 80th St, Lincoln, NE 68516
- Website: https://www.lifespacecommunities.com/senior-living-lincoln/
- Google Rating: 5.0 (Based on 3 reviews)
The Landing features both casual and fine dining options along with a fitness center, Olympic sized pool, business center, and rotating art exhibits. The Landing offers both independent and assisted living options for its residents.
- Phone: (402) 420-9355
- Address: 3500 Faulkner Dr, Lincoln, NE 68516
- Website: https://www.immanuel.com/community/the-landing
- Google Rating: 4.5 (Based on 35 reviews)
The Chatelaine Residences offers independent living, multiple floorplans, beautiful landscaping, and a fully-equipped fitness center. Many of the apartments feature fireplaces, private balconies, oversized closets, and vaulted ceilings.
- Phone: (402) 486-4165
- Address: 6201 Normal Blvd, Lincoln, NE 68506
- Website: https://www.lincolnseniorlife.com/
- Google Rating: No reviews
Are you thinking about relocating to a 55+ community in Lincoln, NE? Living in a community for seniors and those 55 and up provides care, companionship, and the chance to live a fulfilling and active life. When you downsize your house in Lincoln, NE, you will spend less time on repairs, home maintenance, and cleaning, and more time enjoying yourself doing the things you enjoy most.